Monday, July 14, 2008

Maintaining veganism



Today's blend:
  • 1 C carrots
  • 1 mango
  • 1 plum
  • 1 nectarine
  • 1/4 C honey
  • 1 C rice milk
It was a pleasant yellow orange color and had a great taste. I have managed to sneak veggies into the kids every day with the latest concoctions.
This weekend my veggie basket included:
  • 10 tomatoes
  • 7 nectarines
  • 3 pears
  • 6 bananas
  • 2 bunches of cilantro
  • 7 potatoes
  • 8 carrots
  • 4 red onions
  • 1 honeydew
  • 4 pickling cukes
  • about 5-7 plums
  • 1 head of butter lettuce



So I have decided to make pasta sauce for our trip since I am cooking communal spaghetti one night. I chopped up some potatoes and served them sauteed with onion and cilantro along side a veggie burger from Meatless Burgers



The burger in question (and in the photo) is the Hearty Tofu Burger and it has onion, garlic, almond butter, Braggs, balsamic vinegar and tofu in it. I subbed in ww flour for the vital wheat gluten though.



C seemed to thouroughly enjoy his dinner and even shared a little with me....

No comments: