Monday, May 5, 2008

Free at Last...

Well, we did it, we've gone TV free!
I am so happy to rid of that time robbing box.

It's still early but I have plans already. We have been trying to decide what to put there in the blank space where it was....
I'm thinking a desk to put my sewing machine on along with other craft stuff and the laptop when needed...

We had talked about bookshelves at one point also.
I will admit, I'm a little apprehensive about Thursday since we did watch those shows.


Tonight I read in a book Affluenza
that people who watch TV a lot have an inflated view of what Americans have. this causes their expectations to be inflated and they spend money that they don't have on things they don't need.
Again it's about the 'stuff' in our lives.
In the past 4 years, more Americans declared bankruptcy than graduated from college
We have TWICE as many shopping centers as High Schools.

Since 1950, we Americans have used up more resources than everyone who ever lived on Earth before then....

I'm hoping that the elimination of the TV will allow us to spend more quality time doing things we like rather than sit in front of the tube and WISH we had done something different.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Now what about the computer and internet? I keep thinking those should probably go to...

Anonymous said...

You make going TV Free sound so good. But who am I kidding? I just upgraded to digital cable today!