Sunday, April 27, 2008

Back in the groove



I haven't been very creative since before Christmas. I felt like I was in a slump. The kids and I were doing other projects around here instead of actual crafting. We've been trying to get our yard and gardens up to par so that they are easier for us to take care of.



Leigh has been helping with that

I haven't been on my loom in almost a year and it's not even threaded.

So, I got a new-to-me sewing machine last week and have been trying some things on that. I stitched up a couple a cloth napkins just to get the experience with using it.


I had to repair some of he poor stitching on Leigh's birthday quilt and was pleased with how easy this machine is to use. It is really simple to thread, set tension and actually sew. I am far from an expert but I do know how to work a sewing machine (Thank You Ms. Jacque Boggs--my weaving prof)

Now I have also started on a couple gifts for coming up things, some clothing items, and some wool diaper cover shorts for summer (Shout out to my sister about those)
I did two pair of woolies for the boy, (who was a less-then-willing model) added an extra strip inside of wool and embellished the back seat of each.





One with just a patch





and the other with a "C"

















I feel like I'm getting back in touch with my hands after a hiatus of sorts.
I miss the crafting I could do a while back... More time then though
Ah, those days will slowly morph back as time goes on...

Now just looking forward to the lazy summer days ahead.

No comments: