Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Reading

What are you reading?

This past month, I have been reading books by the English mystery author, Ruth Rendell.  She wrote a series of mysteries set in England called the Inspector Wexford series, among other mystery novels also.
She published her first book in 1964 and just put out her most recent novel this year.
I have been amazed when reading all of her novels that you don't know how they will end; until the end. 
She is unpredictable with her story lines.
I get like that with author where I will read everything they wrote if I like one of their books.  I did that with James Patterson also.
Luckily, the several libraries that I frequent (including an extensive selection at my workplace) carry her collection of works.

I am also trying to finish the book club read of the month, My Name is Mary Sutter
Ok, that's a lie.  I am actually struggling to get through that one, ok the truth is I haven't read past the 4th page, enjoying other books instead.  I think I'll be able to get it done before the book club meets again though.
It might be a sign of old age that I can only read 1 book at a time anymore.
It looks like it is going to be a good read though, just haven't taken the time to read it. Yet.

When do you read? 
I have found the best times for me to read are at night after everyone else is asleep or sitting by the pool while the kids play or on my lunch break at work.  I also snatch minutes here and there while traveling to destinations on the bus or train.

I am also working on a new pair of socks when I have the time.
We just have seemed so busy this past few months.  I have no idea what I have actually been doing, but life is good and I feel pretty content so it must all be good!

So, what are you reading?

No comments: