Wednesday, October 29, 2008

In just a couple of years.

Two years ago:

Ah, I can still smell the way he smelled as we lay in bed following his birth looking at each other. The midwives had left, the doula had gone back to her babies and Daddy had taken big sister to another room to sleep for the night.
It was just him and I.
He was newly labeled with his first name (middle took a little more time to decide on)
And looking at me alertly

Definitely in my top 5 moments in life..
Hours old, 1st time out of bed!

And so he grew

One year ago:

Still cuddly, eating cake proudly on Daddy's lap at the gathering of folks; "For me?" he seemed to ask with his twinkling eyes. What a wondrous day that was. Both Meemaws were there to celebrate.
You snuggled to sleep blissful at the end of the day.

One year old!

Today:
You woke a bit cranky, not really wanting to hear any "Happy Birthdays" until you were ready. Then it was like you realized the day was IT!
You sat up and said, "Blow out candles?"
We went to the kitchen and the excitement began.
You had a birthday breakfast of corn pancakes which you scarfed down!
Then we got out your 'new to you' classic FP Circus Train and lit the two candles on your birthday ring.
Sissy was more than happy to help with the blowing!

We spent the rest of the day 'C style'

Birthday ice cream!
You got many phone calls, one from a friend who I feel will always have a special bond to you...
Just that he is calling makes me goosebumpy. (Although, I did say something about bosoms or something BEFORE I knew who it was...)

Right after his phone call.

Ahh, your life is just getting started!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Again Happy Birthday, CArson!!!

JustALittleBit_Me said...

I'm so glad it was such a happy day!

Nancy said...

That is so cute, I am so glad he had a happy birthday!!!

Nancy and Boys