Monday, November 10, 2008

A new day dawns

We are on the cusp of a new era. The majority of the country has chosen to change what we have been burdened with for eight years.
I watched the acceptance speech of President-elect Obama with goosebumps on my arms. (It's worth the watch no matter who you voted for or supported.)
See it below:




I vote because not too long ago women couldn't vote and blacks couldn't drink from the same water fountain. That's how much our rights have increased.

The saddest thing to me is that all across the country, people voted to deny rights to another minority. So there is still work to do. Change can come slow sometimes. There are people working to move it forward now.
I am excited. I think there are great possibilities for the future and my children are living in an exciting time in history. I want to love our country. I want to proud to live here.
I wanted to write on this for a week now but have not been able to put it into words.
I'm still amazed.

**On a side note, I heard on the radio on election day that Bush had the lowest approval rating of any president in history last month (including Nixon the month he was impeached) Sad, but not surprising.

No comments: