Thursday, June 26, 2008

No new-fangled techno gadgets for me!OR Can I limit it to six?! OR Racking my brain is not helping!

Well, I need to respond to a 'tag' which in the blog world is when you follow in someone's footsteps and post a something-something that tells a story of yourself in a creative way...
I was tagged by Karen MS
I really didn't know what to come up with so I thought and thought and thought...and then tonight (while I should have been paying attention to something else) I came up with a whole slew of them. Which is really not the point. \I always thought of myself as 'simple' but I guess deep down inside, I wouldn't be able to describe myself simply. It made me realize that right now in my life I am at a crossroads again and trying to find myself and my niche again.
I wear a few different hats right now and then a lot less than I did before.

So back to this "memoir" thing. I way overshot the mark of course. I thought maybe of doing six of the six word memoirs or 6 X 6 of them... I could not for the life of me narrow it down.
Depending on what I was relating myself to at the time, it changed.
Maybe that is my whole problem, maybe why I am so scattered and I feel so cluttered.

**I first thought of ones that were already out there in the world:

Insanity is merely one's own judgement
Clean house, trust God, help others
Shade grown, free trade, organic beans


**Then I thought of a few fun mommy ones:

Raising very thirsty babies from birth
Fluffy moms don't poke their kids
we're not airconditioning the whole yard!

**and a Daddy one:
Two kids. They're perfect! GET SNIPPED!
(heehee)

**Then few 'different' ones that pertained to me sometimes:


There's really no place like home
No booze. No meat. No regrets.
Still crazy after all this sobriety
If you only knew what happened
Noone noticed that it's always four-twenty.
Smoked pot. Followed Dead. Settled down.
crispy crunchy granola hippie. that's me.



I guess it might be easier to do someone else's memoir then my own right now.
Well, here's the original post:

As I read yet another book review of a memoir this weekend, my husband told me that I should write one. I said that my story would be much too short and rather boring so when I ran across the following book I decided it was just my speed. A six word memoir! Written by Larry Smith and Rachel Fershleiser, Not Quite What I was Planning: Six Word Memoirs by Writers Famous and Obscure is a compilation based on the story that Hemingway once bet ten dollars that he could sum up his life in six words. His words were- For Sale: baby shoes, never worn. There’s a video on Amazon with examples from the book, it sounds like a fun read! I’d like to start a six word memoir meme and here are the rules:

1. Write your own six word memoir

2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like

3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to this original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere

4 .Tag five more blogs with links

5. And don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!



When I read the Hemingway quote, it saddened me because those six words would have a deep meaning to some. It speaks of sadness, loneliness, regret, and loss to me...


I am tagging Jen B,

Leslie

Heather

Erin

Chris






1 comment:

Unknown said...

NOooooooooooooooo